Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 July 2011

Weight, bad losers and road trips

So I weighed myself when I returned from Czech - I figured that as I'd just done (most of) a stage race and had been sick a number of times that I would be at my lightest. Nope. I put on 2kgs... how is that fair? The first week back home involved getting to bed as early as possible and eating as little junk food as possible - I had to lose that extra weight. Hello celery, my old friend.

And coming back from Czech I've realised I need to get stronger - how was I to find a climb like I rode up in Czech around Reading?! The morning core stability sessions resumed where they left off earlier in the year, and I've now made plans to start getting on the rollers or going running before breakfast every other day - kicks off the metabolism, or so I've heard. I've found some tough looking climbs around my area... but may need to do over-geared hill repeats up them to get the desired effect! Damn its going to hurt!

So, I haven't done much racing this month - I did the Reading GP track race, but didn't do so amazing. I screwed up the derny race and got in a bad mood... which meant I wasn't in the best frame of mind for all the other races - I should have just gone home, what a sour loser! Today (Saturday) I'm off to Wales, for Tywyn crit and Abergavenny WTS on Sunday... and the whole team is staying over in our super kind team-mate Kara Chesworth's home :) she must be mad! Onwards with packing the car and the road trip!

For now, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment